Collection and processing of your personal data
We only collect and process your personal data if:
- It is necessary in order for us to be able to enter into a contractual relationship with you; or
- You have agreed to it; or
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations as providers of assistance services; or
- We have a legitimate reason to do so, such as in pursuit of our legitimate business interests, or fraud prevention.
What types of personal data we handle
We collect and process the personal data that you provide when interacting with us, wither online, via email, by phone, or by post.
Such personal data may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Your name;
- Your postal or email address;
- Gender, date of birth;
- Country of residence and/or nationality;
- Financial information;
- Some details provided by your device such as IP address, device ID, device type and location data.
How we use your personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and process about you in order to:
- Provide you with access to our website;
- Provide you with access to the services that you have requested;
- Provide you with information you have requested, including without limitation, quotations, service documentation, brochures, newsletter and responses to applications;
- Respond to any enquiries from you regarding our products and services;
- Where you have agreed, provide you with information about certain other goods and services which we believe may be of interest to you;
- Meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Detect and prevent financial crime
Personal data sharing and transferring
We will not share your personal data with anyone else unless you agree to this, or such sharing is necessary to fulfil our contract with you, or we are legally allowed or required to do so.
Organisations we may share your personal data with include:
- Another member of our group of companies where they help provide our services to you;
- Our service providers and subcontractors, where they help provide our services to you;
- To a regulating body or other authority where we need to comply with a regulatory or legal obligation;
- Financial crime prevention or debt collection organisations when required to protect our legitimate interests.
Some of these organisations may be based in a country outside of the European Economic Area, or where different data privacy laws apply. We will only transfer your personal data to that country if they ensure an adequate level of protection of your rights and freedoms, or you have given us your consent, or that organisation is contractually bound to meet European Economic Area data protection law.
We will not sell your personal data to anyone.
Personal data protection and storage
We handle your personal data in accordance with adequate and reasonable procedures and technologies in order to maintain and protect its security, availability, confidentiality and integrity, and prevent its unlawful or unauthorised processing, or accidental loss or damage, from its collection until its destruction.
Where we transmit personal data across the internet, it will be encrypted.
Personal data disposal and retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected and we will remove all personal data which is no longer required from our systems.
We will only retain your personal data after this time where we are required to do so, in order to meet regulatory or legal obligation.
You have the right at any time and free of charge to request:
- A copy of the personal data we hold about you. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide further copies, and can refuse to give you this information if your requests are clearly unjustified or excessive;
- Your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The deletion of your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to keep it for the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed;
- That further processing of your personal data be restricted. Where you have previously entered into a contracted service or product with us, this may imply cancelling the contracted service or product;
- Withdrawal of your agreement to direct marketing, including profiling;
- A copy of your personal data for your own purposes, subject to certain conditions of portability.
How to contact us
If you are unsatisfied with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.